[Mplayer-users] 0.50pre3 is out

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Fri Oct 5 05:14:58 CEST 2001

Hi!

> From: Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu>
> just put out 0.50pre3 (pre)release.
> (btw you can expect final stable release in a few days, after
> prerelease is tested enough and all usable pending patches are applied)
>
> new in CVS:
> - BSD/OS patch applied (test it)

	Configured and built on BSD/OS 4.3 with no trouble at all.   Currently
	I'm watching "The Abominable Dr. Phibes" (I am a big Vincent Price
	fan ;)).   Looks fantastic.

	I do wonder though:  is it necessary to build and install the
	'fibmap_player'?   I'm playing encrypted DVDs just fine without it.  I
	believe using 'libdvdread' means that fibmap_player is not needed,
	correct?

	Many thanks Arpi for such quick work integrating the changes in!

	Gentlemen - we have a winner.

	Steven Schultz
	sms at 2bsd.com