[Mplayer-users] Problem /w reading AVI files.

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Oct 7 21:39:46 CEST 2001

Hi,

> That .avi file is not corrupt, non-standard or anything like that
> because when i 'swap' motherboards+cpus it works fine with the same
> MPlayer(i don't even need to recompile it). Now, what i need you to
> tell me is if there's a possibility of a m/b hardware error or something

if it works with different hardware (only mb differs or also soundcard etc?)

as you can see in my second reply to your mail, there is a strange thing
in the header: there is ~ids instead of vids. it's bad, and either your file
is corrupt or your hardware (cpu/ram/hdd) is broken and reads the correct
file badly.

I suggest you running memtest86. if it's ok, then check hdd functinatily.
copy a big file (bigger than your ram amount) and then compare (diff) with
the original. If your hdd/mb fails it will differ.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu