[MPlayer-users] rant

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Oct 8 20:05:08 CEST 2001

Hi,

> Stephen Davies <steve at daviesfam.org> wrote:
>
> > But that doesn't make it against the law, does it ;-)
>
> Breaking a license is against the law, yes. It just isn't clear exactly
> what license Mplayer is distributed under. It's not GPL at least.

It doesn't matter. If you don't like the license, write a better one or
don't use mplayer. Is it simple enough?

We aren't lawyers. We did it for the opensource community. But the current
state of the code doesn't make it possible to make distributable binary
packages. Is it really so hard to understand and accept?????????????

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu