[MPlayer-users] newbie

Valkai Elod elod at bartok.tm.edu.ro
Tue Oct 9 11:54:13 CEST 2001

I'm new to the list (just subscribed).
I've got a problem with the new MPlayer 0.50 (not the pre, the final). It
just won't compile on Slackware 8.0 with gcc 3.0 from the slack extra cd.
It detects all settings correctly, but while compiling it dumps some
errors in libavcodec/i386/dsputil_mmx.c. It says: "Can't find a register
in class `GENERAL_REGS' while reloading `asm'."

MMX and 3dnow! is enabled (it's a K6-2 at 450). When disabling it with
--disable-mmx i get some other errors. I've got two files with the output
of gcc, but since i'm new to the list i don't know if i can attach them to
the message.

tx,
--

Valkai Elod             /V\               "Linux is like a wigwam -