[MPlayer-users] Re: License

Robinson, Chad crobinson at rfgonline.com
Tue Oct 9 20:01:39 CEST 2001

> I see - you say power on my computer even breaks some licenses.
> So it has no sense fighting against licenses. They always win.
> And you are very happy with them. This will bring opensource
> community to death. But it doesn't matter. Just check how many
> opensource projects suffers with licensing problems, and
> has to use much worse implementations as available just because of the
> licenses. It's simply shit. And only make lawyers happy.

Indeed. But, all this shit only matters if the people whose libraries you
link to care. Breaking a license only means the original author can sue you.
If the original author says it's OK, you are in violation but with no
worries. Nobody ELSE can sue you but the original author. So, if the authors
of the included files don't care, then all this is wasted talk.

-Chad