[MPlayer-users] MPlayer is Great

Jesus Climent data at polinux.upv.es
Tue Oct 9 22:19:20 CEST 2001

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 03:40:25PM -0300, Santiago Ballester wrote:
> Everything works fine to me even when I used a non recommended compiler gcc 3.0.0
> I got a message "Your compiler 'gcc' does not support C++ , try with --disable-DirectShow"  (or similar)
> My question is : What are the libs (or packages)  I need to compile mplayer whith this option ?
>
> Red Hat 7.0
> glibc 2.2
> Pentium III 667

First of all, upgrade your gcc and related (libraries, and so forth).

Second, Read the manual. There is clearly said what you have to use
and where you can download the right code that implements MPlayer
functionality.

And if you send a report of a question to the list, please, read the
documentation explaining how to ask questions.

Is not enough what you reported to the list.

Jesse