[MPlayer-users] Stop the License Bullshit here and now!

marpet at linuxpl.org marpet at linuxpl.org
Wed Oct 10 21:45:58 CEST 2001

On Wed, 10 Oct 2001 13:23:32 +0200 Felix von Leitner <leitner at convergence.de> wrote:

> Thus spake André Dahlqvist (andre.dahlqvist at telia.com):
> > And that code is still GPL. The only code that isn't GPL is the code
> > that Arpi & co has written from scratch and that doesn't use any other
> > code. If that code needs the other GPL code to function I would agree
> > with you, but does it?
>
> Noone cares.

I can't afford not to answer: that is sad, that noone cares. If it was
the way you say it, in 3 months Microsoft or other company wil steal
Arpi's and other guys' code and make their own 'product'. And noone will
care that the code was free once or what license it was based on. Same
shit as breaking GPL, not worse, not better.

We should care

that's all

bye and sweet dreams...

--