[MPlayer-users] Re: [OLD-Mplayer-users] audio resampling

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Wed Oct 10 22:19:31 CEST 2001

On Wed, 10 Oct 2001 20:59:19 +0200 (CEST) Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:

> > > I own a very old sound card (SB 16), that is unable to play 48000 Hz samples.
>
> but afaik it can play 46khz samples, so you can slowdown playback by 4% and

Dont think so. The ioctl call that sets the samplingrate gets 44100 back.
And my SB16 is one of the last one, they werent sold anymore some
months later.

> it's ok then. mplayer normally allows up to 10% slowdown/speedup of audio
> (A-V sync engine will slide video fps to fit audio speed), for bigger
> change you should use the -fps switch.

Hmm.. that could actually work...
What about framedrop ?
And how does A-V sync work then ?

			Attila Kinali
--
"Though a program be but three lines long,
someday it will have to be maintained."