[MPlayer-users] offtopic: transforming mpeg to divx

Matija Grabnar matija.grabnar at arnes.si
Thu Oct 11 14:09:52 CEST 2001

I know this is offtopic, but I think someone on this list might know:

what do you use to transform large mpegs into divx? I tried using mpeg2divx,
but it uses libmpeg3, which is not BIGFILE safe: if the input file is more
than 2GB in size, mpeg2divx gets the wrong frame count and creates a truncated
file.

I need this because I use mp1e to record mpegs from my TV card, but I want
to transform them to divx before I save them, to save space.

To bring this a bit on-topic: since the latest version, mplayer plays
files >2GB without any problems. A big thank you to the whole Mplayer team!