[MPlayer-users] compiling error

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Thu Oct 11 22:00:16 CEST 2001

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 09:40:40PM +0200, =/= Majki =/= wrote:
> Hi!
> I use Mandrake 8.1 and can't compile mplayer 0.50. I tried gcc 2.96, 3.01
> and 2.95.2 from Mandrake 7.2.
> On 2.95.2 I got error:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lstdc++
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: ***[mplayer] Error 1

Ehh, users ... :) Another nice problem :)
PLEASE at least *READ* what compiler says!!
Trying different versions will not help. If you can read, you would
see that linker cannot find libstdc++. So install the package contains
this library (I haven't got RedHat or Mandrake so I don't know what it's called
in your distro), and don't forget about devel package as well!

> What should I do? I have XFree86devel, DivX4Linux, dll libraries.
> Configure complain:
> nm: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.a: No such file or directory

Again, this seems to be a non-installed pacakage problem. Install it.
And don't ask me which package. If you change to Debian, I will tell you :)

- Gabor