[MPlayer-users] MPlayer 0.50 on sparc solaris 8

Adam Tla/lka atlka at pg.gda.pl
Fri Oct 12 11:58:25 CEST 2001

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 10:58:39AM +0200, Rojek, Tomasz wrote:
> I tried gpatch but again make install returned:
>
> bash-2.03# make install
> if test ! -d /usr/local/bin ; then mkdir -p /usr/local/bin ; fi
> install -m 755 -s mplayer /usr/local/bin/mplayer
> find: cannot open /usr/local/bin/mplayer: No such file or directory
> find: cannot follow symbolic link /etc/rc0.d/K00sshd: No such file or
> directory
> find: cannot follow symbolic link /lib/locale/fr_CA.ISO8859-1/LC_MESSAGES:
> No such file or directory
> find: cannot follow symbolic link
> /usr/lib/locale/fr_CA.ISO8859-1/LC_MESSAGES: No such file or directory
> install: mplayer was not found anywhere!
> make: *** [install] Error 2
>
> I have also downloaded Latest CVS snapshot - and I got the same errors.
Hmm, it looks like install program strange behaviour.
It should just place stripped mplayer binary in /usr/local/bin
with mode 755. You may do it manually if normal make succeded.

# cp mplayer /usr/local/bin/.
# cd /usr/local/bin
# mcs -d mplayer
# chmod 755 mplayer

Regards
--
 . .  Adam Tla/lka      mailto:atlka at pg.gda.pl    ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
  )   System  & Network Administration Group           ~~~~~~
     PGP public key:   finger atlka at sunrise.pg.gda.pl