[MPlayer-users] Q: Problem with 8-bit greyscale uncompressed.

Robert Suetterlin robert at mpe.mpg.de
Fri Oct 12 12:56:55 CEST 2001

Hello,

	I have a problem showing uncompressed 8-bit greyscale avi files.  As far as I understand the problem is, that my avis don't contain a colortable for the 8-bit image, which seems to be mandatory for 8-bit.

I have the following evidnece for my assumption:  If I play the avi under Windows I get random colors (new ones every time I restart the viewer) when replaying the avi.  All Unix players I tested (avifile, mplayer) play the movie in all-black, I guess that is due to a default=all-zero color table.

Is there a way to get mplayer to use a different default (i.e. linear) colortable, or to extract the original DIB-Files using mplayer.  I guess that writing a filter that inserts such a colortable intomy avis would also be an option, but I do not want to reimplement the wheel.

I also read the man-pages and online documentation of mplayer, and I did not find answers to these questions.

My version of mplayer is 0.50pre-1.

CU,

	Robert.

--
Robert Suetterlin (robert at mpe.mpg.de)
phone: (+49)89 / 30000-3546   fax: (+49)89 / 30000-3950