[MPlayer-users] MPlayer 0.50 on sparc solaris 8

Gregory A. Shimansky gregory at lab.sun.mcst.ru
Fri Oct 12 13:36:05 CEST 2001

>> Hmm.. strange. I admit, I have GNU install from fileutils in
>> my path, it is
>> not standard Solaris program. But I've just tested standard
>> install found
>> in /usr/ucb (do ``which install'' to figure where your install is
>> located) and it worked for me.

RT> It returned
RT> /usr/sbin/install

RT> What now?

Hmm.. yes. There is some kind of install program in /usr/sbin but it
doesn't seem to be compatible with GNU install.

If you have /usr/ucb/install, add /usr/ucb in your PATH before /usr/sbin
and do make install again.

If you want, install GNU fileutils from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/fileutils.

Or just replace all ``install'' lines in your Makefile with ``cp -f'' and
remove all other ``-'' options from the command line. This should suffice
in most cases.

--
Gregory