[MPlayer-users] problems with tdfxfb

Michael Mertins techorix at web.de
Fri Oct 12 16:11:55 CEST 2001

I compiled tdfxb into kernel (y, not m)
And compiled MPlayer (latest stable release,0.5.0) with tdfxfb support
I use a voodoo3-2000 card on a debian-testing box
When I try to play movies with mplayer it doesn't find the video-driver
(
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
VO: [tdfxfb] 352x240 => 352x240 BGR 16-bit
FATAL: Cannot initialize video driver!
)
ohne when i do -fs it appears to work partially... the video is displayed totally wrong and fills half of the screen while the restly screen gets totally mixed up (but recovers after pressing Esc and going back to console (with ctrl-alt-f1) and then to xserver again).
I suppose i have to setup the framebuffer-device correctly..
Can you help?
regards,
Michae

ps. plz cc to me important stuff