[MPlayer-users] FBDev Bugs. Might want to look into this. (Plain Text Fix)

Chris Goffinet agent_cryptonic at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 12 18:31:00 CEST 2001

==Sorry didnt notice it was formated...==

Hello,
I am working on my own Divx Player that will be based off Mplayer's program.
So far everything I have needed from it has been great, but have been having
some slight bugs I think haven't been reported.

Kernel Version: 2.4.9 (will upgrade if necessarily)
Linux Distro: Debian
GCC: 2.95.4

1) When using fbdev without in X11, the A-V sync code prints out a constant
flow of A-V sync and CPU load. Might not just be me, but who likes seeing
text at the bottom of the tv screen saying the cpu & a-v sync load :) I have
managed to comment out the line and it removes it, but I think the
developers of Mplayer forgot to comment it out and left it up for testing.
Also their is a constant flashing at the bottom but I dont see it noticable
yet on the TV screen, could be a FBDev error, not sure.

2) Using fbdev above 800x600 mode and having a movie bigger than 640x480
works fine, only problem with this is the fact that somehow its not clearing
the buffer beh! ind it, which means the movie loads, but u can see text that
was outputted from Mplayer behind it, not something we want now is it ? :)

3) If you run Mplayer directly from an 'xinitrc' on boot up for X11, MPlayer
runs fine, but keyboard commands do not sync in and work, so your stuck with
watching a movie u cant even pause, stop or skip threw. Definate fix for
this..

Hope this helped the developers and if u need ne more information from me,
let me know

-Çhrís