[MPlayer-users] Re:tv out working with nvidia

Kukocs kukocs at programozo.hu
Sat Oct 13 18:04:46 CEST 2001

Hi!

I dont understand it:( what is in this docs? Sorry, (I'm unable to look
it) A week before, i've already tested it, without any docs! /I'm not a
linux-guru,yet/
I did 2 things:
-I've downloaded the latest nvidia drivers, of course:)
-I've written 5 lines to my xf-86 config file!!!
Thats all!
#    Option "TVStandard" "PAL-B"
#    Option "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "31-42"
#    Option "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "50"
#    Option "TwinViewOrientation" "RightOf"
#    Option "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"

It worked fine, with some not very huge probs:
the picture was center-oriented, but there were 4-6 cm black lines
"frames" I say it should be greater...
or there should be a software to move the screen left-right,etc...
The second one is, with this option I can't find anything on my monitor,
only the tv was working :(, /when I went back to console, the signal was
in my monitor/ - under win32 there were signals on my tv, and on my tv,too!!

Or I did anything wrong??? I've tryed mplayer with movies in -vo sdl, in
window, in fs it was working fine! I've tryed ut under linux, it was
working fine, too!(and colin mcrae rally 2, too but that's not the point:)

Any oppinions??

by:

	Kukocs

:Hi.
:I just found a link which covers all necessary xfconfig-file modifications to
:display the content on a connected tv with xv working. So one should be able
:to get acclerated/scaled movies on the tv. Don't know whether this was in the
:docs yet, maybe I've overlooked it.
:
:http://wwwmath.uni-muenster.de/u/strauf/NVIDIA-TV-Out.txt
:
:I couldn't verify this because I don't own a such a card. I just thought it
:could be interesting. I'm very interested in positive verification however.