[MPlayer-users] compiling error

=/\= Majki =/\= majki at pro.onet.pl
Sat Oct 13 11:02:16 CEST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Johannes Feigl" <jaf.corporation at gmx.at>
To: <mplayer-users at mplayer.dev.hu>
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2001 9:57 PM
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] compiling error

> did you install the stdc++ libs ?
>
> I think Mandrake call the libstdc++***.rpm
>
> mfg Johannes

I didn't know that every gcc version needs it's own libstdc++. I'm not a
programer, I'm just an user. I would *really* like to get binary version.
Isn't it possible to write program which works on every processor (at least
every x86) and after start autodetect that user have for example K6-2 and
then enable MMX and 3D-Now!. Look at players for Windows like vplayer.
However mplayer is still the best for Linux. I must say that 0.50 is almost
as fast as Windows players. I have K6-2 300 and have problems playing DivX
in Windows, and it was impossible to play it in Linux since 0.50.
Ok, I get Mandrake 7.2 cd and find libstdc++-devel-2.95.2-12mdk
rpm -ivh complains that there are conflicts with files from package
libstdc++-devel-2.95.2-12mdk
I added --force and installed package.
Unfortunatelly ./configure complains:
Checking if your compiler 'gcc' supports C++ ... no
and that maybe I don't have libraries and if I don't want DirectShow support
I can add --disable-dshow.
Well I don't know what DirectShow is, I guess that it speeds mplayer (like
DirectShow from DirectX) and I want it.
Because I didn't know what to do I added --disable-dshow, everything
compilled and installed ok. Mplayer works, but after playing
American_Pie.avi DivX several minutes mplayer abort playing.
There is also something with libX wrong, but mplayer works.
./configure complains:
nm: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.a: No such file or directory
I have XFree86-devel installed, I did all suggested symlinks, but there
isn't such file. I manually checked XFree86-devel package and this package
doesn't contain libXext.a.
I only have libXext.so, libXext.so.6, libXext.so.6.4

Pro*