[MPlayer-users] using -ao pcm

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Oct 14 13:53:58 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > What about using an /dev/dsp redirector ?
> A possibility, but would only rip at 1x... A fix to -ao pcm would be better
You must wait for it (if we can fix it, it would be 1x too)

MPlayer's current A-V sync code uses audio card as timebase. but ao_pcm
isn't an audio card, so it has no timer -> mplayer's timing is fucked up.

we should implement video-based and rtc-based timing, and also audio-only
playback. but you must wait (or do it yourself), it's at low priority.

btw
if you need audio of ac3 or mpeg stream, whu don't you use -dumpaudio,
and use mpg123 or ac3dec to convert it to wav ?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu