[MPlayer-users] Slower with sound ?

Udo Wolter uwp at dicke-aersche.de
Mon Oct 15 08:29:35 CEST 2001

Hi !

I've been using mplayer for a while and it has been very fast in
the past. But from version 0.17 I have some speed problems. When I'm trying
to watch movies (either divx or mpeg) it says my cpu is to slow so that
I should use -framedrop. In fact it is to slow to hold the synchronization.
BTW, it's an Athlon1200 and it plays most movies fine & fast with
aviplay. It did it before with mplayer version 0.17 and I don't know what
has happened. BTW, playing the movie without sound seems to speed up
the whole thing, I can even watch it with -vo sdl in fullscreen without
framedrops.

But it gets terrible slow with sound. I'm using XFree 4.1.0 and
SDL 1.2.2.

Any hints ?

Thanx,
	Udo