[MPlayer-users] Re: Mplayer 0.50 still slow on a AMD K7 at 900Mhz

Anssi Saari as at sci.fi
Mon Oct 15 13:50:42 CEST 2001

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 10:00:07AM +0200, Gael PEGLIASCO wrote:

> SSE is not recognised by mplayer, should it be with a k7 ?

Palominos only, I think. That is, Athlon MP and the upcoming Athlon XP.

> Xvideo mode does not works with open source driver, the documentation
> says I've got to download nvidia's drivers.

Regardless of that I've been using the open source driver from XFree86
4.1.0 with xv support for months, with Geforce 2MX. But the smallest
update for you to get xv would be the Nvidia drivers. If you have MTRR
support going already I doubt you'll get much improvement with a
kernel update.