[MPlayer-users] can't get tdfxfb output to work

Eddy Cooper eddycooper at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 17 08:30:43 CEST 2001

On Tue, 2001-10-16 at 21:07, Jacek Popławski wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 08:53:34PM -0700, Eddy Cooper wrote:
> > It's nice to know that that works, but I'd still like to get the tdfxfb
> > working.
>
> I was talking about tdfxfb. It's working here.
>
> > I have a 2.4.12-ac2 kernel which is probably the newest.  Also, my system is
> > a P2 266, glibc 2.2.4 and I'm using a stock mplayer 0.50 that I compiled
> > myself.  Any more suggestions?  Thanks,
>
> Please try to compile tdfxfb in kernel - not module. So you will have same
> situation like me. Oh, and you should set correct mode - maybe color depth is
> problem?

Well I recompiled the kernel with tdfxfb built in...and still no luck.
I still get the same error as before.  In the console, I set the depth
to 16 so that's not the problem.  I've read pretty much as much I could
find in the mplayer docs and in the mailing list archives.  What else
could it depend on?  Thanks,

Eddy