[MPlayer-users] wrong audio chanell and subtitles on DVD playback

Steve Stavropoulos steve at math.upatras.gr
Thu Oct 18 05:44:43 CEST 2001

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Steve Stavropoulos wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Steve Stavropoulos wrote:
> >
> > Italics. Is there a way to tell mplayer the audio language to choose?
> >

>  Replying to myself I must say that I have tried using -aid 0 (and other
> numbers) and mplayer didn't play any sound at all in that case. The logs

 Replying to myself again. After some more looking at the docs (and
ignoring mplayer man page) I found that the value I needed for -aid was
128. The info was in cd-dvd.html and tech-eng.txt.
 Mplayer man page is talking about a value between 1 and 99, which
apparently at the current phase is false. The same manual page before 4
days didn't say anything about -aid and that's the cause for the confusion
and the replies to myself.