[MPlayer-users] Compiling in CYGWIN

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Oct 20 16:14:45 CEST 2001

Hi,

> hi ...
>
> i've tried to compile MPlayer with (in) cygwin to get a Windows-binary.
> but the configure-scripts said:
>
> Error: Lib pthread not found.
>
> i've tried to find and compile pthread, but i cannot compile it.
>
> so ... how can i compile MPlayer for windows, can I use cygwin or must i
> compile it with linux?

you can't compile it out-of-box.
atmos did a lots of changes in both makefiles and sources to get it
compile. these are not commited and won't be soon.

in the other hand, we should *never* release win32 version.
microsoft and others aren't interested _while_ we are under linux.
but if we release a program for windows, which is able to play
their propiertary asf and wvm files, ignoring their copyprotection etc,
and even faster than their commercial stuff, they won't be happy and
may force us to remove asf and dll support as they did with virtualdub,
or even worse: send us to jail...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu