[MPlayer-users] Why mplayer can't run in background ?

Dinko Yaksic dinko at ssi.cl
Sun Oct 21 23:44:53 CEST 2001

Hi pals !

	I'm trying to run mplayer 0.50 inside of a PHP program in a Linux RH 7.1 to
perform histogram analysis of the pictures that compose a movie (detecting
scenes change). Since the script has to run long time I decided to try in
the shell (bash) first:

$ mplayer -vo png -nosound -quiet /tmp/CC-CS.MPG

	And it worked perfectly generating the 70 PNGs I need to analyze. But
shortly I tried:

$ mplayer -vo png -nosound -quiet /tmp/CC-CS.MPG &
... movie stats...
[1]+  Stopped                 mplayer -vo png -quiet CC-CS.MPG

	Surprise! it asks for an input from stdin after displaying the stats of
that movie. Neither kill -SIGCONT works...

	Also I'm trying to give a particular name to the output PNGs, but always is
00000001.png, 00000002.png and so on... Any help is appreciated

				Excuse my poor english, TIA, Dinko