[MPlayer-users] Red Hat 7.2 has gcc3

Balazs Lengyak mplayer at kign.org
Mon Oct 22 21:02:56 CEST 2001

> > (the default compiler) and gcc3. I haven't yet looked into how exactly
> > these compilers coexist on the system, but anyway this is good news for RH
> > users who want to use mplayer and don't want to fight with certain mplayer
> > developers :-)
> Gcc 3 isn't buggy too?
For me, Debian is the standard. And debian still includes gcc-2.95.4 in its
unstable (Sid) version, which is two(!) versions ahead of the current stable.
They must have a reason not to use gcc-2.96.

Sid has gcc-3.0 too, which happily coexists with gcc-2.95. No gcc-2.96
though...

--
Regards,
Balazs Lengyak