[MPlayer-Users] ffmpeg/libavcodec

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Oct 23 22:27:18 CEST 2001

Hi,

> I HAVE checked the docs/faq/rtfm/BS that you SAY has this same problem
> LISTED, yet no where does it have ANYTHING about registers OR ASM problems
> when compiling ANYTHING.

hey, i didn't say in a single word that RTFM for this problem.
I've just said it's a tipical gcc 2.96 problem, and i don't believe
that he got the same error with 2.95.

btw it's in RTFM that gcc 2.96 shouldn't be used, or if used then DO NOT
REPORT ANYTHING to the list or to the authors.

i really can't understand why are poeple so silly and after reading that
still post here.

> Just saying 'gcc 2.96 is buggy' does not cut it.  Why would this user
> get errors when compiling YOUR software, but no problems with ANYone
> else's?  Looks to me like it is YOUR bugs, not gcc's.
i'm suer he has if compiel savifile, DRI or any other sw with high level of
asm optimization. of course irc clients and pine aren't asm optimized,
i believe they work with this shit.

disable all asm optimization of mplayer and it will compile and work with
2.96. and you will be happy then.

> Blacklisting does nothing.  Just makes people really upset and want to
> smurf you. (If you understand that, then you'll realize what it means
> about my Linux background.)
you mean DDoS-ing our server or me? good.
our net provider is under strong ddos for weeks, so it won't be new.

> Jilm Sanchez
> Linux Consultant
at redhat? :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team