[MPlayer-Users] ffmpeg/libavcodec

Bryan Chan scorpio at acm.org
Tue Oct 23 23:18:12 CEST 2001

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001 13:15:38 -0700,
"Jilm Sanchez" <jilmy at onebox.com> wrote:

> Just saying 'gcc 2.96 is buggy' does not cut it.  Why would this user
> get errors when compiling YOUR software, but no problems with ANYone
> else's?  Looks to me like it is YOUR bugs, not gcc's.
> Blacklisting does nothing.  Just makes people really upset and want to
> smurf you. (If you understand that, then you'll realize what it means
> about my Linux background.)

Jilm,

I think it would be more productive if you used your Linux expertise to try
and fix the code so that it would work with your favourite compiler (and share
your work with everybody, which will no doubt make you a hero in many's eyes),
rather than bark at the developers for not doing what you want them to do for
you, and stooping to smurf threats. This email makes you sound more like a
script kiddie who can't code a single line of assembly than a Linux
consultant.

--
Bryan Chan
scorpio at acm.org