[MPlayer-users] ..i can't compile

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Wed Oct 24 18:02:59 CEST 2001

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Rui Maia wrote:

> vo_gl2.c:917:1: directives may not be used inside a macro argument
> vo_gl2.c:917:1: unterminated argument list invoking macro "printf"
> vo_gl2.c:918: parse error before string constant

	I have seen a problem similar to this using GCC v3.x. I maintain a
different program that a user tried to compile with 3.x (haven't used it
yet myself) and it choked on a piece of code like this:

printf ("Hey, is this thing on?" \
#ifdef SOME_VAR
"yes"
#else
"no"
#endif
);

The statement compiled just fine with non-3.x versions of GCC, and I
really don't know what changed. Maybe it's a bug, maybe it's a correct
ANSI spec that got repaired, I don't know.

	-Mike Melanson