[MPlayer-users] ffmpeg/libavcodec compiling errors

marpet at linuxpl.org marpet at linuxpl.org
Wed Oct 24 17:06:07 CEST 2001

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001 09:47:20 +0200 (CEST) Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:

> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html &
>  http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html if you still have questions or problems]

very good idea :-)

> > Admittedly it's a c++ problem, but you don't want people breaking kde/aRts
> > just for mplayer do you? (Or maybe, you do :-)
>
> kde doesn't compile with gcc 3. and i doubt it compiles with 2.96
> so it doesn't matter if user have 3.0 or 2.96
> and gcc 2.96 people are redhat/mdk users, they usually don't compile such
> "difficult" things like kde or X, they use binary packages.

I use RedHat which is in 99% compiled by me. Using gcc 3.0.1 BTW
(kernel is compiled with egcs-2.91.66 just-in-case ;-))

Why do you non-redhat-or-mandrake users tend to spit on others?
Bet ya are Debian user and use automatic upgrades from the Net
(also binary :-)) like most of my Debian friends do. Nothing
wrong about it as long as you know what you are doing.

Sorry for ranting, but it seems to be a common custom on this
list...

regards

--
Marek Pętlicki <marpet at linuxpl.org>