[MPlayer-users] Compile mplayer error, pls help

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Fri Oct 26 12:18:22 CEST 2001

Hello, Arpi!
On Thu, 25 Oct 2001 13:12:34 +0200 (CEST), you wrote:

> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html &
>  http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html if you still have questions or problems]
>
> Hi,
>
> > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html &
> >  http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html if you still have questions or problems]
> >
> > Hello, Steve!
> > On Thu, 25 Oct 2001 18:25:24 +1000 (EST), you wrote:
> >
> > > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html &
> > >  http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html if you still have questions or problems]
> > >

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I got this error...
> > >
> > [snip]
> > >
> > > Version MPlayer-0.50 ; System Debian Testing,
> > > gcc-2.95.4
> > >
> > > Please help. I am not subscibe to the list so pls cc
> > > me
> > ./configure --disable-dshow ;)
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > I have the same problems but still didn't study that =)
>
> broken or missing libstdc++ installation.
>
> it compiles but then can't link due to undefined cerr etc. symbols.

Are you sure?
No - I have perfect system, but:
I have installed gcc-3 to usr/local and gcc-2.95.3 to /usr
it causes all my problem.
I don't know who added these /usr/local/include to configure
but when I've commented them out I've build mplayer with direct-show!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess that by default they should be switched off or we need something other.