[MPlayer-users] MOV-Formats infos

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Mon Oct 29 05:09:23 CET 2001

On 30 Oct 2001, mdew wrote:

> Im probably asking a question that numerous people have already asked
> before.. but wouldnt it be possible using codec dll's from quicktime on
> windows... use them like we use other win32 codec dll's?

	In an ideal world, sure. One major caveat, however, is that
Quicktime doesn't use a bunch of neat little codec DLL files that can be
used like we're using the win32 codec DLL files. In Quicktime versions 4
and 5, most of the program's meat is contained in an enormous DLL named
quicktime.qts which doesn't advertise a bunch of decoder functions, like
the win32 codecs do.

	In a nutshell, that's why the same principle isn't entirely
feasible.

--
	-Mike Melanson