[MPlayer-users] Debian packaging, I'm BACK!

Danie Roux droux at tuks.co.za
Wed Oct 31 08:38:29 CET 2001

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 07:08:54PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> > Just a more complete Build-Depends field like :
> >
> > Build-Depends: debhelper (>> 2), libncurses5-dev, libpng2-dev,
> >  svgalibg1-dev, libesd0-dev, libsdl1.2-dev, liblircclient-dev,
> >  alsa-headers, libgtk1.2-dev, libvorbis-dev, libdvdread2-dev
>
> it doesn't depend on this stuff at all. all of these are optional.

It does depend on it to build. All those packages needs to be installed
for it to compile and generate packages.

MPlayer could be split out into mplayer-common, mplayer-gui, mplayer-nox
etc. mplayer-gui would then be the only package to depend on libgtk1.2
for example.

--
Danie Roux *shuffle* Adore Unix