[Mplayer-users] Crusoe & CT 69000 video chip.

Lethal Weapon lethalwp at linuxbe.org
Sat Sep 1 14:51:02 CEST 2001

Hi,

> i've got s3 trio3d agp 2x card for work machine. it was really shit under
> linux, both X 3.3.x and 4.x. It was slow even for mpeg 1 playback...
> then i replaced it with my old tseng 6000 pci card, and it was 6 times
> faster than agp2x s3! only because it has good drivers which uses hardware
> acceleration...

I have a matrox mill 1 pci, and received a hercules based on an S3Trio3D, i
think with 8MB ram, i have to say, the S3 is way faster

but i have a lot of errors on the screen: some text lines aren't printed,
some boxes on the screen comes in black until you take a window and go over it

too bad :(

Greetz,
     LtWp