[Mplayer-users] Gui is in CVS tree! What's up with that?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Sep 6 00:20:58 CEST 2001

Hi,

> I was wondering if anyone can tell me what's going on with the Gui development, since it just appeared in the CVS tree recently. I assume it's not usable yet since configure doesn't create makefiles for it...
>
> It's still exciting to see it there though. :)

see the screenshots at the skin download table on homepage.

the gui code isn't ready for end-users yet!
it has many known bugs, and some not yet working/implemented functions.
we don't want to get thousands of gui bugreports, so we won't announce
and enable it until it gets stable.

anyway, developers usually find the way to enable and compile it,
and they know to not send bugreports, instead they send patches.

so, be patient, and keep trying ./configure --enable-gui
one day it will work. sooner or later.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu