[Mplayer-users] problems with asf files

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Sep 6 15:16:27 CEST 2001

Hi,

Just searched your first mail to this list... Was not surprising :)
You were (are) one of top 10 most useless bugreport senders:

> > First thank you very much to the developers for this great piece of software.
> > It actually plays medium quality avis on my Cyrix PR200 machine!
> >
> > However, it refuses to play asf files and comes up with an audio interrupt
> > problem message.
> >
> > Is there a solution?
Yes: RTFM!

But I was very polite first time, and replied:

> Please read section "Sending bugreports" in DOCS/README!
> I need much more info about your problem, to help.
> About your sys environment, detailed log of mplayer playing
> that file, config files etc etc... it's detailed in README.

And finally you find the solution, without my help or need of sending
such bugreport: you used old version, upgrading mplayer & codecs helped.
(as written in f* docs)

So, please, stop telling me I'm not polite enough.
I'm polite as possible. Not every time, especially when users - like you,
see above - ask silly questions or send totally useless bugreports.

So I think, it's a very good idea for you to unsubscribe, and leave
us alone. Close thread. Gone coding.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu