[Mplayer-users] Any success playing VCDs on PCMCIA SCSI CDROM's?

Shang Shan Chong chong2 at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Sep 7 18:03:07 CEST 2001

Hello,

I seem to be having problems playing VCD's using the my laptop's on
PCMCIA SCSI CDROM. Does anyone have a similar problem? Is this a
recognized bug?

I don't have the laptop with me right now, but off the top of my head,
it's a Sony VAIO N505VE, Celeron 333 Mhz, running the Linux
2.2.18pre21 kernel. Basically a Debian 2.2 (stable) distro. X version
is 3.3.(something), using ALSA with OSS emulation. I don't have a
problem playing MPEG's on the harddrive, but cannot play VCD's on the
CDROM at all. But I can mount the cdrom without problems and access
the filesystem in it.

Any suggestions on what to do?

css.
--