[Mplayer-users] Performance dropped significantly for unknown reason...

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Sep 8 23:26:26 CEST 2001

Hi,

> Extra info on my problem:
>
> I'm using a new CVS version of libavifile. I've been updating debian sid almost daily, and I noticed libavifile0.6 has been updating recently. I'm currently using version 0.6.0.20010907. Could this cause DirectShow slowdowns?
>
> Another possibility -- I'm using the latest TransGaming Wine-X from CVS. Does mplayer link against any of the system-wide wine libraries? I figured it wouldn't since it has the wine DLL loader built into it. :/

none of them. mplayer has its own, modified version of dll loader and dshow
api. it doesn't depend (and use) external wine or avifile stuff.

back to the topic:
we didn't chanegd anything in that code, so it can't be mplayer.
you should check kernel or X drivers.

option -benchmark can help a lot in this work...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu