[Mplayer-users] latest cvs fails to compile with libaa.so.1.0.3

Frank Boehme f.boehme at cs.ucc.ie
Tue Sep 11 15:46:46 CEST 2001

lanzz at lanzz.org wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Frank Boehme wrote:
>
> > ./configure --enable-aa=no
> >
> > However, configure does not follow this switch when it creates config.h
>
> that's because it should have been --disable-aa

Ah.., thanks. Being fuzzy, may I suggest that --disable-aa should be
listed by
./configure --help ? The current output of --help is misleading, because
normally, the effect of any --enable-xx switch can be reversed by
--enable-xx=no while the corresponding --disable-xx does exactly the
same but it is not always parsed. At least, this is my experience with
many package that use GNU autoconf.

Frank

Dr Frank Boehme                      | Email: f.boehme at cs.ucc.ie
National University of Ireland, Cork | phone: +353-21-4903163
Dept of Computer Science             |   fax: +353-21-4903113
Cork, Ireland                        |