[Mplayer-users] mplayer - DGA problem

Marek Mentel mmark at koala.ichpw.zabrze.pl
Tue Sep 18 19:10:27 CEST 2001

I have a problem  in using maplyer in DGA  mode ( XFree4.x)
Last  snapshot which  was working ok for me was  06.08.2001
first with problems  28.08.2001

Problem :
with doublebuffering ON
 - OSD and SUB text flickers
- fast moving objects on movie are  jumping , with contours
 dissolved - looks like  phases of move overlapping itself

with doublebuffering OFF
- OSD   and SUB text less flickering ( YES  - I have still OSD+ SUB
  with doublebuffering OFF .  Doc states that it is imposible ? )
-   movie plays smothly

Looks like  problem begins with change  in vo_dga.c  -  from 1.29 to
1.30

 Marek Mentel  mmark at koala.ichpw.zabrze.pl  2:484/3.8
 INSTITUTE FOR CHEMICAL PROCESSING OF COAL , Zabrze , POLAND
 NOTE: my opinions are strictly my own and not those of my employer