[Mplayer-users] smr

Thomas Prokosch thomas at nadev.net
Wed Sep 19 19:19:29 CEST 2001

On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 06:22:57PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> > has anyone looked into using the smr video codec patch together with
> > mplayer?
> what is smr ?

SMR is a DivX-like codec, just have a look at
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/smrcodec.html for more
information.

> > I guess it would be just a new entry in the codec.conf config file,
> > however I am not sure what goes into it... any hints?
> RTFM. especially Adding new codecs section of the docs.

Done that. I could find out most info requested in the manual (see
below), but no clsid in the registry, neither in the 16 bit registry,
nor in the 32 bit one (I have used W2k for this task).

Codec		DirectShow
Friedly Name    nAVI Vx3 MPEG-4 Codec
DLL             mpg4c32.dll
FourCC          MP43
GUID            ???

What is the GUID for? What part does this info play when accessing
the DLL?

Thomas
--
Thomas Prokosch