[Mplayer-users] DGA vs nm2160: update

Tomek Jarzynka tomee at cpi.pl
Wed Sep 19 19:28:04 CEST 2001

Hey,

for all those guys who don't believe in the power of old
laptops, with greets for Attila Kinali :P

the patch for neomagic driver, which I can send to anyone
upon request, makes it DGA-aware. I also have a (thanks,
Mike!) binary driver that seems to work with X4.1.0.
All in all, on a p266 and a nm2160 with 1984kb of RAM
divx now plays smoothly in fullscreen. I guess the
processor could be even reduced to p2 200, as I have
virtually *no* framedrop, even in demanding scenes
with lots of movement.

I hope this is good news to many users of laptops, as you
can now enjoy mplayer and divx movies ;>

--
Tomasz Jarzynka, tomee@{slackware|cpi}.pl 0601706601

"ICMP: The protocol that goes PING!"