[Mplayer-users] smr

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Sep 19 20:40:05 CEST 2001

Hi,

> On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 07:22:50PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> > > Codec		DirectShow
> > > Friedly Name    nAVI Vx3 MPEG-4 Codec
> > > DLL             mpg4c32.dll
> > > FourCC          MP43
> > > GUID            ???
> > RTFM again. GUI is for directshow codecs. they have usually .ax extension.
> > dll codecs are vfw, so no guid requires.
> >
> > btw, mpg4c32.dll with fourcc mp43 is already in codecs.conf, why to add again?
>
> This is why I am puzzled and joined the mailing list. I thought I
> could figure out on my own, but I can't.
>
> The SMR codec comes with modified mpg4c32.dll and with additional
> mpg4ds32.ax
>
> The mpg4ds32.ax file is never mentioned in the registry, so my guess
> is that it is called directly from within the (modified) mpg4c32.dll.

No. Win9x has 2 interfaces for codecs: VfW and DirectShow.
Vfw uses DLL, DirectShow uses .ax files.
They never calls eachother.

> The thing is, when viewing the movie with mplayer, the video opens
> and it shows blue text on a black background (approx 5 seconds) "SMR
> rulez" and then exits. This is the case for all SMR movies I have
> got.
>
> Perhaps the problem is much bigger and not solved with a new config
> entry?
Maybe. Please upload the codecs, and a sample file to our ftp,
to a new dir, along with a txt summarizing the problem.
Someone (possible me) will check it.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu