[Mplayer-users] performance low when using svgalib?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Sep 21 01:44:46 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > int main(void){
> >   printf("int: %i unsigned int: %i\n", sizeof(int), sizeof(unsigned int));
> >   return 0;
> > }
> > herrie at damien:~/helpmplayer$ gcc -o testint testint.c
> > herrie at damien:~/helpmplayer$ ./testint
> > int: 4 unsigned int: 4
> >
> I think we can savely assume then, that replacing existing longs with ints
> should be ok for both X86 and Alpha.
> Any other opinions?
What about 16-bit systems? c64 and the famous mplayer-minix project? :)

We can do 2 things.
1. replace long with int, and restrict mplayer to 32/64 bit systems
2. use inttypes.h everywhere, and replace weird typedefs with standard ones.
3. make a new .h file for avi/asf structures, and use them instead of the wine
headers. so the loader/ dir can be deleted on non-x86 platforms, and we
avoided conflict with avifile stuff. this one seems to be the cleanest way,
but it introduces some redundancy. btw they are only standard, MSDN
structures, so they won't change. I think only BITMAPINFOHEADER,
WAVEFORMATEX and AVI header structures (Stream header and avi header) are
interesting. others are used only in the dll loader or vfw/acm/dshow api.
these structures could be defined in stheader.h.

oh, and we really should move to -dev-eng now!

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu