[Mplayer-users] DGA on laptop

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Fri Sep 21 08:56:02 CEST 2001

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001 02:23:40 +0200 Anders Rune Jensen <root at gnulinux.dk> wrote:

> I remembered someone talking earlier about running divx on a 266 laptop with
> DGA, so I installed debian on my laptop P3 750 (Thought it would be powerful
> enough). x11 and DGA works, I've been able to get SDL working in one of my
> earlier tries, but it just wouldn't work know. Anyway xv is not supported in
> the driver for the gfx yet (Trident Cyberblade XP). DGA works, I can hear to
> sound and the screen blanks, but the image does blank and When I stop the
> movie I cannot get back to Xfree have to ctrl alt backspace :(
> Seems like it needs a simple fix, just can't find out what.

For me it looks more like a driver problem (which isnt that
easy to fix). As I dont have any experience with Trident
cards, I can only give the advice to update your X to the newest
version (4.1.x), maybe it works.

Remark 1) You shouldnt press reply if you want to start a new
Thread. It gets sorted in to a existing tree... best way to
make ppl oversee your mail.

Remark 2) you shouldnt work as root (but this is unix basic...)

			Attila Kinali

--
Man who sink into womans arms soon have arms in womans sink.