[Mplayer-users] DGA on laptop

Anders Rune Jensen root at gnulinux.dk
Fri Sep 21 17:24:43 CEST 2001

Well it seems that there is some patches for the trident driver, but
it's not yet in the cvs :(

This means that I have to compile Xfree myself :(

>From the Xfree mailinglist.

Question: "Also, what's the current status with Trident.. have they
pulled their head
out of their arses yet?"

Reply: "No!"

dammit

On Fri, 2001-09-21 at 08:56, Attila Kinali wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Sep 2001 02:23:40 +0200 Anders Rune Jensen <root at gnulinux.dk> wrote:
>
> > I remembered someone talking earlier about running divx on a 266 laptop with
> > DGA, so I installed debian on my laptop P3 750 (Thought it would be powerful
> > enough). x11 and DGA works, I've been able to get SDL working in one of my
> > earlier tries, but it just wouldn't work know. Anyway xv is not supported in
> > the driver for the gfx yet (Trident Cyberblade XP). DGA works, I can hear to
> > sound and the screen blanks, but the image does blank and When I stop the
> > movie I cannot get back to Xfree have to ctrl alt backspace :(
> > Seems like it needs a simple fix, just can't find out what.
>
> For me it looks more like a driver problem (which isnt that
> easy to fix). As I dont have any experience with Trident
> cards, I can only give the advice to update your X to the newest
> version (4.1.x), maybe it works.
>
> Remark 1) You shouldnt press reply if you want to start a new
> Thread. It gets sorted in to a existing tree... best way to
> make ppl oversee your mail.
>
> Remark 2) you shouldnt work as root (but this is unix basic...)
>

> 			Attila Kinali

Med venlig Hilsen:
Anders Rune Jensen
icq