[Mplayer-users] Mplayer stops playing a DVD about 20 minutes into it

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Sep 22 12:15:24 CEST 2001

Hi,

> Sorry about the long output ot the error but its all there.  Mplayer stops
> playing a DVD about 20 minutes into it at the same place every time.  While
> xine-dvd plays it fine.
>
> ii  libdvdcss      0.0.3.ogle2-1
> ii  libdvdread     0.9.1-1

Havent' tested libdvdread 0.9.1 yet.
Try version 0.8.0, it's known to work well, or maybe 0.9.0.

I have no encrypted dvd disk at the moment, so i can't check it,
but from your log it seems to be a libdvdread bug/problem :(

> It appears to be reading the encryption keys of all 11 .vob files.  Funny
> thing is that when i try to open an indivdual .vob file it is garbled and it
> says:
>
> Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support)! Read file DOCS/DVD
Yes, libdvdread support disables VOB _file_ decryption. Disable libdvdread
support (and enable libcss) to get VIB files play, but then no dvd disk
reading (with IFO parsing).

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu