[Mplayer-users] compile problem and a little patch for gcc3 users

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Sep 22 17:22:11 CEST 2001

Hi,

> The gcc3 compiler doesn't like a file which doesn't end with an empty
> line. It just gives a warning, no error but it's not a big trouble for you
> mplayer developers to fix it.
> The files that need an extra empty line at the end are:
> Gui/bitmap/bitmap.h
> Gui/bitmap/bmp/bmp.h
> Gui/bitmap/tga/tga.h
> Gui/wm/ws.h

It was fixed many times, but the editor what some developers use always
remove empty lines at the end of file... so it has no sense fixing it again.
We'll fix it in release version only.

> In file included from /usr/X11R6/include/X11/extensions/dpms.h:47,
>                  from Gui/wm/ws.h:15,
>                  from Gui/mplayer/play.h:7,
>                  from mplayer.c:70:
> /usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xmd.h:128: redefinition of `INT16'
> loader/wine/windef.h:362: `INT16' previously declared here
> /usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xmd.h:151: redefinition of `BYTE'
> loader/wine/windef.h:155: `BYTE' previously declared here
> make: *** [mplayer.o] Error 1

I got the same yesterday.
Problem is that X and wine headers conflicts. Unfortunately gui headers
requires X headers, and mplayer.c requires both wine and gui headers...
So it isn't easy to fix. We're already working on this.
(as a workaround: disable gui)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu