[Mplayer-users] having some trouble with fibmap_mplayer

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Sat Sep 22 20:03:06 CEST 2001

On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 12:01:16PM -0500, inittab wrote:
> get following error when trying to run fibmap_mplayer
>
> bash-2.05# mplayer /dev/cdroms/cdrom1 -dvdauth /dev/cdroms/cdrom1

So you're running mplayer as root. OK.

What is the output of command 'ls -l /dev/cdroms/cdrom1' ?
Are you sure that cdrom1 is your DVD drive you're using?

> MPlayer 0.18pre5(C) 2000-2001 Arpad Gereoffy <arpi at thot.banki.hu>
>
> Reading /root/.mplayer/codecs.conf: 15 audio & 32 video codecs
> font: can't open file: /root/.mplayer/font/font.desc
> DVD is encrypted, issuing authentication ...
> fibmap_mplayer: fibmap ioctl: Invalid argument (Hint: fibmap_mplayer is
> not suid root?)
>
> fibmap_mplayer could not run, trying with ioctl() ...
> ioctl FIBMAP: Invalid argument
> Hint: run mplayer as root (or better to install fibmap_mplayer as suid
> root)!
> DVD: CSSDVDAuthTitle() failed.
> bash-2.05#
>

> The program is suid root, ive tried it as a normal user and as root and
> still get same error, i tried using oms and it seems to decrypt fine, it
> just runs incredibly slow even with mtrr
>
> any ideas are appreciated

Hmmm, it's quite strange. What type of kernel/OS is it?

Btw, you should use the new DVD support in mplayer instead of the old one.
Install libdvdread and recompile mplayer. For more information, read the
htmlized document (I am not sure it's in the last stable release - I'm using
only CVS versions - so use CVS snapshots or get the latest source tree with
CVS).

--
 --[ Gábor Lénárt ]---[ Vivendi Telecom Hungary ]---------[ lgb at lgb.hu ]--
 U have 8 bit comp or chip of them and it's unused or to be sold? Call me!