[Mplayer-users] DVD ripping -- no sound!

Cláudio Sampaio (Patola) patola at solvo.com.br
Fri Sep 28 18:54:07 CEST 2001

On Sex, 2001-09-28 at 06:02, Attila Kinali wrote:
> On 27 Sep 2001 12:06:37 -0400 Cláudio "Sampaio (Patola)" <patola at solvo.com.br> wrote:
> > 	How do I use mplayer to rip a DVD into an AVI file?
> You cant
> > 	Sure, I have tried with the odivx video out, but it doesn't encode the
> > sound: mplayer -vo odivx -encode /tmp/mydivx.avi. I have tried several
> > audio out codecs but it didn't work.
>
> RTFM: -vo odvix doesnt encode audio

	Just for the record, I hope not to bloat this list: I am sorry, I have
read all the documentation but that just wasn't clear for me. I thought
there was a kind of non-documented way to encode divx's with audio.

> > 	I have compiled mplayer with libdvdread and libcss support, ffmpeg,
> > divx4 and opendivx.

> use drip instead

	I am experimenting yet, gotta get orbitcpp to use it. Thanks for the
suggestion.

> 		Attila Kinali

> PS: a 4 line sig is enough

	Double sorry. I apologize for that too. My job requires me to use big
signatures like that, and I often forget this is inapropriate for
mailing lists.

	Thanks very much for answering. Are there any plans to use audio and
video encoding altogether in mplayer?

	Also, I am very interested in the NVIDIA discussion. I have an NVIDIA
card too, and I think it would be interesting to make some pressure for
the open-sourcing of its video drivers.

	best regards,
--
        Patola (Cláudio Sampaio) - Solvo S/A