[Mplayer-users] Subtitles - feature request

Jiří Svoboda Jiri.Svoboda at seznam.cz
Sat Sep 29 14:39:42 CEST 2001

Hi,
I have some ideas about subtitle support:
1) charset translation - could be done by mplayer? At this time I must
change font definition for each charset. Maybe MPlayer could do this - eg.
specify charset (or charset translation file=256byte array) and subtitles
will be translated on the fly.
2) font style&color support - I have encourted microdvd sub file with
font&color definition inside for some subtitles (eg. italics for narror
translation and different color for some explanation...). Could this be
supported or at least thrown away (doesn't look good displayed on-screen).
This leads to multi font/shape definition and selecting.
3) font size suuport - At this time font size is selected by spec font size,
this leads to small subs for some movies and big for others. Maybe slecting
font size by % of picture size is good Idea (this leads to multi font/size
definition and selecting).

					JS